The current council consists of:
- Edmund Hunt (Chairman)
- Gavin Bennett (Vice chairman)
- Margaret Wild
- Annie Newton
- Rob Morris
- Patricia Nunn (Clerk)
Contact the Parish Council at email@example.com
Role of the Parish Council
There are about 8,700 parish and town councils in England, serving 30% of the population as their most direct tier of government and responsible for a budget of £493m. That is an average of about £20 for every parishioner. Individual budgets range from £100 to over £1million. Parish councils have wide powers in law, but relatively few duties, making individual councils very different in size and activity.
Cotesbach Parish Council is part of the Harborough District and within the Leicestershire County. The Local Planning Authority and governing body of the District is Harborough District Council (HDC), based in Market Harborough.
See our Latest News here.
Responsibilities of Cotesbach Parish Council
- Provision and maintenance of village notice boards, tree planting, litter bins, the village pond, traffic signage and control and other village amenities
- Overseeing local planning applications and determining Parish Council responses to HDC
- Liaising with Tarmac who operate and maintain nearby quarrying and landfill operations
- Addressing and channeling resident concerns on district and county council facilities
- Reporting county and district council, police and Lutterworth Town updates
- Management of precepts and other revenue sources to maintain and improve village amenities
- Ongoing management of the Cotesbach Emergency Plan
- Representing Cotesbach in the Eight Parishes Community Interest Company to allocate funding to the community
- Referencing and maintaining the Parish Plan
- Managing the parish membership of the Leicestershire and Rutland Association of Local Councils
- Cotesbach Village Hall is not managed by the parish council, but works alongside the Village Hall committee
Key recent outputs
- Securing over £10,000 funding for village pond improvements
- Setting up a campaign group against local logistics expansion, now working with other local communities through Magna Park is Big Enough
- The installation of defibrillators in the old village telephone box including village training
- Parish Council meetings occur approximately every quarter and residents are very welcome to attend. Agendas will be put on the notice board prior to the meetings.
- The Annual Parish meeting happens every May
- Parish Council Minutes are published on this website