- We have recruited for our Parish Clerk! Welcome Patricia Nunn who will help keep us to task and ensure we are running the Council correctly.
- Our first Parish Council meeting with Patricia will be the 24th September, 19:30 at the Village Hall.
- We are starting to recruit for the Parish Clerk position. See the recruitment pack and job description here.
- The Parish Council held their Annual Meeting on 13th May, 19:30 at the village hall. See the agenda here and approved minutes from the previous meeting in January here. All welcome to attend. Draft minutes of the meeting to follow shortly.
- The pond was cleared on 19th May – it looks great and look out for more improvements to come. Contact the council if you want to get more involved in the pond!
- We are recruiting for a Parish Council Clerk! If you are interested in helping to keep Cotesbach a great place to live for a couple of hours a week…and get paid for it, get in touch!
- We are ideally looking for people with some experience in being a Parish Council clerk but are interested in anybody interested who can help organise the council and keep on top of increasingly important compliance requirements.
- Email us to find out more, and full job description to follow shortly.
- The Parish Council met on the 14th January. See the agenda here. Minutes will be available once approved.
- At the meeting, residents and the council agreed to increase the precept to approximately £30 per year for a Band D household with the aim of hiring a clerk to ensure the council is compliant and has the administrative support to carry out the council’s activities.
- See a one page explainer of the precept increase here and more information will follow.
- Approved minutes of the 5th November meeting here and 3rd December here.
- Following the meeting in November, the Parish Council met in December to discuss increasing the precept for the financial year 2019/2020. The Council agreed to propose an increase of approximately £20 per year to primarily cover the costs of employing a clerk and provide budget for further investment in the Parish Council duties. The final decision will be made during a public meeting in January.
- Minutes of the meeting will be available once approved at the Council’s January meeting.
- The Parish Council distributed leaflets and wrote an article in the Cotesbach Communicator to inform the village of the
- The Parish Council held it’s meeting on Monday 5th November. The agenda is here and minutes will be uploaded once approved at the January meeting.
- Many thanks to the Parish Councillors and residents who helped clear the Village Pond on 7th October. We’ll do it again in the Spring so will let you know when we need help!
- The Parish Council meeting was held on 24th September after the original meeting on 3rd September was not quorate due to last minute councillor unavailability. The minutes of the meeting are here.
- On 3rd July it was confirmed that Symmetry Park, the development nearest Cotesbach for 3 million square feet of warehousing, is not going to be called in by the Secretary of State. Therefore it is now approved in outline and we await the full application with more detail on warehousing sizes and colours etc. At the same time, Magna Park owners Gazeley submitted an appeal against the full council decision to refuse Magna Park North. More detail on Magna Park is Big Enough website.
- The Parish Council held its AGM on 14th May. See the Chairman’s annual report, minutes and finance cashbook for 2017/2018 here.
- Gazeley’s Magna Park North application was REFUSED by full council on 10th January! Cotesbach worked hard with Magna Park is Big Enough to achieve this so great news! More on the Magna Park is Big Enough website.
- Parish Council meeting to be held on Monday 5th February, 19:30 at the village all. All welcome. See Agenda here.
- One of the Magna Park applications will be reconsidered by the full Harborough District Council, now on 10th January at 18:30 at the Bruntingthorpe Hangar 42. More information available at the Magna Park is Big Enough website. We would encourage people to come along to show the councillors the continued public objection!
- There is a Parish Councillor vacancy available! The council is particularly interested from people who may be interested in taking on Clerk responsibilities. Contact the council to find out more
- On 23rd November, Harborough District Council disappointingly approved both applications to double the size of Magna Park. Cotesbach Parish Council worked hard together with the Magna Park is Big Enough group to campaign against these applications. The Parish Council’s attention is likely to now be on the full application for Symmetry Park which most closely affects Cotesbach. More news to follow.
- Parish Council meeting to be held on Monday 7th November, 19:30 at the village all. All welcome. See Agenda here.
- Harborough District Council have released a new Local Plan to the public for consultation
- The Local Plan will contain key policies to be used for the delivery of “sustainable development” up until at least 2031
- It includes specific policies for the expansion of Magna Park and allocation of over 2,000 houses to the East of Lutterworth
- Residents are encouraged to respond by the 3rd November so the Government Inspector can understand any concerns local residents have
- Cotesbach Parish Council objects strongly to the proposed growth of Magna Park based on the impact on infrastructure and no expected benefit to our village
- The Parish Council recognises the need for significant number of new houses, seeing the benefit in the “Lutterworth by-pass” but does not believe the Local Plan is ensuring the by-pass is built early enough
- More information available in this presentation from an event in early October
- See also the Magna Park is Big Enough website for more details on how to respond
- Don’t forget the Eight Parishes Community Interest Fund is always open to applications for grant funding from residents
- Money is available to support projects or activities that focus on a benefit to the local community that will primarily be based on amenities, facilities and assets for the village.
- See more information here and download the application form